Friday, January 18, 2013

I'm the king of my own land

So the title of my blog is from a song that I almost listen to daily when I get up in the morning, or when I (used to) walk around campus during winter when everything was quiet save for the crunching of ice beneath my boots and the sun draping bowing shadows over bare trees. m83 is one of my favorite bands. This song has been used everywhere (including the Cloud Atlas trailer), but I remember when I first listened to it when I first got hold of Hurry Up We're Dreaming! (the album). It was a very profound feeling. I do not know how to explain how I felt when I first listened to the song, so you should just give it a listen and experience it first-hand:



I'm the king of my own land
Facing tempests of dust I'll fight until the end
Creatures of my dreams raise up and dance with me
Now and forever I'm your king

No comments:

Post a Comment