Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Thousand Years

video

I like songs sung by women. I shall admit though, in the past when I didn't want anyone to think that I'm gay, I would only belt out to Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Rihanna songs whenever my roommate wasn't around. Haha. It's actually really dumb because a ton of straight guys love Beyonce and Lady Gaga (I do not however, worship any of these female artists as some goddess/idol) and I don't think Rihanna is a gay icon at all, but I remember feeling self-conscious when I wanted to sing along to "want you to make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world" while my roommate was around. He also listened to mostly metal and scremo. Yeah, it was really strange because he was this really quiet, slightly awkward but super dependable kid once you get to know him (I roomed with him frosh and soph year, and stayed over at his place for a couple days in the summer), but he fucking loved Avenged Sevenfold. I was pretty happy though that he looked up to me, and asked me to bring him out to parties and stuff.

Anyway, it is raining every freakin' day, and I thought of this Christina Perri song (I realized later it is a Twilight song) and as I should really give less of a fuck about this whole more gay/less gay thing, this is me singing it. It's perfect for rainy weather because it's emo as balls, I mean love you for a thousand years, and a thousand more? When I recorded this, I didn't know that the background music would be so soft, so my voice is really loud in it. I wonder if it's too late to go for vocal coach lessons now.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, we should all be less hung up on all these labels but sometimes it is hard.

    Anyway, here's my favourite cover of 'Only Girl...' by The Overtones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNE-SNIJqp4

    -jw

    ReplyDelete