Sunday, November 16, 2014

Job Rejections

The last couple of weeks I've been on an emotional rollercoaster. N wanted to go on a break because I was being needy since I was so stressed all the time with the networking. Turns out to all be useless anyway, because I got rejected by almost every single firm. I am inclined to believe this is more because I am a non-EU citizen rather than anything else - I come from 1 of the top 25 schools in the world (for undergrad) and yet classmates who come from...somewhere in the 170th range for universities (I know rankings don't matter much but this is like, fucking ridic), have a GMAT score that is 120 points less than mine, who has a sort of lower GPA than mine (hard to compare US and UK schools though), gets called back for interviews. FYI, these applications, you give literally nothing but a CV and a cover letter which I networked my gay ass off and got them vetted by current employees who all said my CV is dead strong, but....

whatever.

Still hoping to hear back from some other firms... But definitely not going to be working for one of the big prestigious brand names out there anymore. I've calmed down from everything though and it's honestly their loss because I know that consulting is what I wanna do now, and I'll really put in my all into it.

1 comment:

  1. You don't need a prestigious firm just yet, you just need to get your foot in the door and earn some work experience. Prove yourself first, then you can get hired away later to one of your prestigious firms.

    ReplyDelete