Sunday, December 6, 2015

My mama don't like you and she likes everyone

So my previous entry was definitely pretty sketchy haha. Think things should be fine though - I didn't really do much and anyway - I like how it looks down below! So I'm not too bothered I guess if I ended up online hah.

Anyway, life is so strange right now. Being a consultant definitely has its ups and downs...I'm based at my client's office which is not in London so every Monday to Thursday I'm living in a hotel and eating room service or whatever. It gets really quite shitty because I'm a really spoilt guy and this little village has less than 200,000 people so it's honestly some sort of farm countryside for me and it got really depressing I actually cried during lunch at the cafeteria last week. I don't know if this experience will toughen me up or something (I have six more fucking months on this project) but I've really been trying very hard to adjust to how people live outside of major cities. The food is always so horrible, everyone is obese, no one is Asian and I really cannot understand anyone's accents because it's so regional and thick - you would think that everyone speaks the Queen's English in the UK but fuck that only the posh kids do everyone speaks some sort of Cockney.

On the other hand everything I spend on weekdays is paid for, plus I'm not paying rent since N owns the house we are living in, so I am saving a crazy amount of money, and collecting all those hotel and credit card points along the way. Because of that I have become even more materialistic than ever - and spent about 1000£ buying stuff from Gucci, Burberry, Prada, Versace etc hahaha. Guess that's the good side of being a consultant - I am definitely gonna book myself a five star hotel next year when I vacay either in Dubai or Malta.

N has been so stressed out with applying for internships (he applied to more than 30 holy fuck I only applied for 12...) and doing all the relentless online assessments and he got so depressed he cried so much yesterday as I was hugging him in bed. He said he's really just very tired. He hasn't had good news so far, plus he's juggling a lot of school work and extracurricular shit too, because unlike me, he loves keeping himself so much busier than he can handle. Silly kid really. I felt so bad for him and I've really been trying to be supportive by helping him a lot with his CVs cover letters etc, but some times we just snap at each other because it's a period of change for both of us now, and it's almost reminiscent of what we went through last year but I guess this time it's a lot better because I'm pretty sure he isn't cheating on me and neither am I (also there are absolutely no cute guys at work at all).

I'm gonna head back home for Chinese New Year though I'm staying here for Christmas because N is staying in London. Really wanted to go back home for two weeks but my manager was like "that's during crunch time..." Ugh. It's fucking expensive to fly back home so I can't believe I'm flying back for just a week but guess this is the shitty part of working so far away from the motherland hah. I just really miss my family again, and being back in Asia will definitely re-invigorate me.

Oh yeah we had a company Christmas party recently and something funny pretty happened. This pretty cute blond dude who's hooking up with this girl I'm pretty close with told me "man you're always dressed so sharp!! You're a handsome young man and I'm just gutted why aren't the ladies queueing up for you?" And the girl hit the guy really hard on the shoulder and said "he has a boyfriend!! And his boyfriend is really cute too" and he started apologising and mumbling some shit that all straight guys feel the need to say when they meet a gay guy "oh my roommates brother is gay and he comes over to chill all the time and it's all good I like him a lot" and I was just laughing really hard at how awkward it got. Especially since this guy came up to me drunkenly once at the urinals and said that he loves me and actually kissed my cheek while I was peeing but he closed his eyes and was saying "don't worry I won't look" but I kind of wanted him to peek hahaha. It's so sad but I really do like straight guys as eye candy a lot more than gay guys.

Also that was a fucking long run on sentence but I'm on my phone and I'm too lazy to use proper punctuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment